No matter how strongly you believe that your marriage will last forever, there’s a 50% chance that it will end in absolute failure.
So what do you do to protect yourself? Along with a pre-nup, you need to be absolutely certain that the person you’re with is the one you should be marrying.
20 questions you need to ask each other before getting married
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Will you move in with me?
- Are you proud of me?
- How much money do we have?
- Can we handle the finances?
- Where do we want to end up?
- Do you want kids?
- Are you open to other ways to start or add on to our family?
- What happens when we’re done having kids?
- Should we broaden or lessen our social life?
- How often do we visit family?
- Can we have fun together for the rest of our lives?
- How often should boys’/girls’ nights happen?
- Are our differing beliefs a problem?
- What are your thoughts on infidelity?
- How often should we go on vacation?
- What’s your medical history?
- What’s your stand on letting ourselves go?
- Are you ready for forever with me?
Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone. Years from now, don’t hold your partner in contempt for straying from the given answers. People change and grow over time, so be prepared for it.
As long as you keep respecting your partner and working on your marriage, there’s no reason why it won’t last.