As someone who loves fashion but doesn’t believe in old-fashioned rules, I say it’s time to put some of these style myths to rest once and for all. It’s the 21st century, and grandma’s fashion rules just don’t apply anymore.
1. Never wear white after labor day.
2. Shoes and bags must always match.
3. Never wear black with brown or navy.
4. Never wear red if you’re a redhead.
5. You can’t wear suede or leather in summer.
6. Never mix metals in your wardrobe.
7. Never wear tights with open-toed shoes.