Wrinkles are a part of aging—and life. While we know to expect wrinkles as we get older, some of the battle has nothing to do with age. Your beauty routines and habits can impact wrinkling as well. See the bad habits that affect your skin’s aging process so you can cut them out ASAP.
- Smoking: Smoking is the most common cause of wrinkles.
- Your Diet: If you want to keep your skin healthy and young, the old saying that you are what you eat is definitely true. Eating too much sugar and high-glycemic foods doesn’t just impact your weight—it could make you look older, too.
- Drinking: All alcohol dehydrates the skin. This means your skin will appear less plump and fresh the morning after you drink alcohol. Over time, your skin will lose elasticity and form wrinkles. Collagen and elasticity keep your skin supple, taut, and looking young.
- Chewing Gum: Gum chewing produces a type of wrinkle quite often on the lower mouth. Additionally, it causes other issues in the mouth structure. This is an easy habit to give up in the name of preserving your skin.
- Not Removing Makeup: When you sleep in your makeup, you’re basically asking for wrinkles. The makeup and environmental pollutants you accumulate during the day seep into your pores, breaking down collagen and elastin. This can leave you with fine lines and wrinkles fast. Cleanse and moisturize your skin every night before bed.
- Picking: Stop picking at pesky zits or pimples. Let them come out on their own or use natural products to help eliminate them. Any time you pick or pull at your skin, you’re causing damage and creating irritation, scars, and yes, even wrinkles.
- Stretching Your Skin to Apply Makeup: This practice creates wrinkles—and is generally frowned upon in the makeup world. Don’t pull on your eyes and stretch them so you can put on eyeliner. It’s about moving your whole face when you’re applying makeup, not stretching it so it’s flat.
- Skipping Sunscreen: We’ve all been told to never skip the sunscreen, but it’s often tempting when many of us spend our days indoors. Even a few minutes of sun exposure can lead to a breakdown of collagen, though, and that leads to fine lines and wrinkles. Wear sunscreen(especially ones with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) every day so that you don’t get sun damage.
- Sleeping: If you sleep on your face, you can get sleep wrinkles from the pillow. It’s best to sleep on a satin pillowcase that slides across your face. The other alternative is to sleep on your back.
If you are already battling with wrinkles because of aging or these habits, we here by recommend this product (Dior Capture Nuit Intensive Wrinkle Correction Night Concentrate 30ml) to help you look young again.